What aspects of your product must be perfect before you would release it?

ᗰᗩ᙭ ᒍ.
16 replies
Launching a product, especially in the tech space requires diligent balance between perfection and timelines! With this discussion, I’m trying to understand the difference in how people approach releasing to the public and how that correlates with your products strategy. It’s an exploration into the philosophy of “done is better then perfect” versus ensuring impeccable quality in certain product aspects before introducing it to the market. How do you approach this?

Replies

Onboarding, UX, and UI! It won't matter what your product does, how it does it, and which problem it solves if the end user can't use it.
ᗰᗩ᙭ ᒍ.
@gusoliveira_ Totally agree, but what if it’s an API or something like that?
@maxjacobs does the user know how to install the API? Does he know all the functionalities of the API and how to best use them? I would start there. Clear and concise communication 👍🏻
Jan Leonovich
Every 😅
ᗰᗩ᙭ ᒍ.
@visionoiry Let’s say you have to leave something not done, what would it be, what would you feather be left for last?
Jan Leonovich
@maxjacobs it could be something from minor features. I believe the key features and design need to be perfect. Assuming that design can ever be perfect ))
Elena Tsemirava
First of all UX and UI.
Anthony Sellitto
When basic features work... best advice I got is well you will have hundreds of releases.. Simply question do you know when Zoom, Spotify, Gmail released probably not... You can probably pinpoint when you started to use them yourself after 1000 iterations and probably another 100 re-launches. You should have a vision in your head what the end product features look like but that shouldn't stop you if not all of them in there.
Eliza Crescini
It would be the new added features that have not finished setting up yet.
André J
Launching soon!
That the churn isn't too strong 😅
ᗰᗩ᙭ ᒍ.
@sentry_co Wait but how would you know the churn if product isn’t out?
Arz
Is it solving my customer’s problem 🤠
ᗰᗩ᙭ ᒍ.
@arzmn How would you know if you didn’t release the product?
Arz
@maxjacobs by posting it for early feedback in niche groups (with your target audience). FB groups, subreddits, online forums, etc