πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’« Spamming with Golden Kitty Award on LinkedIn is NOT ok...

Lisa Dziuba
19 replies
I love the Product Hunt community, it's one of the best places to get help and connect. However, my LinkedIn is full of people I have never met, chatted with, and never checked/upvoted their products, who ask me to support their Golden Kitty Award or PH launch. It's not ok. Sending ChatGPT-generated messages with zero customization, zero connection with people and zero effort does NOT work. It is simply spam πŸ›‘ We, as a community, can be much better and Product Hunt is not the place for spamming... I support many launches, help with feedback, and love chatting with makers when it's a real human connection... In most cases, it feels like I'm just bombarded with similar cold DMs on Linkedin from bots πŸ€– Doe anyone else have this problem?

Replies

Andrian Valeanu
UP! Where can I share screenshots? :) My LinkedIn is now full of people asking for upvotes.
Andrian Valeanu
Let me share and collect here the most aggressive upvote requesters at the moment: LeadDelta 3.0 Kombai
Lisa Dziuba
@andrianv Oh, so we can have Golder Kitty Anti-Award πŸ˜‚
AndrΓ© J
Launching soon!
Dont worry, next year, the bots will have clever customisation in every message you receive, much better πŸ˜… And which golden kitty are you supporting this year btw? what's your favourite ?
Lisa Dziuba
@sentry_co I loved Framer AI and I added it, ChatGPT obviously :)
Maksym Astakhov
The same, 300+ connects in the last 3 days Until you have a rating like voting it is unavoidable such a technique.
Lisa Dziuba
@maverick91 this was not a thing in 2015-2022, really i was not getting those LinkedIn spamming
Fabian Maume
@lisadziuba Product hunt audience grew considerably this year. Some if the new commers might not know the etiquette.
Fabian Maume
Yep. Same problem.
Rodrigo Leles
Launched @sintonico yesterday and I never received so many messages from random people asking to magically promote and get me hundreds of upvotes... 🀨
Abdul Wahab
Hahah, happening same with me too.
ISTIAK AHMAD
I agree Lisa, best practices should be there
Dima Boychuk
And one day, someone will launch on ProductHunt product called ProductAntiSpamHunt. πŸ˜€