In your opinion, which is more crucial to the success of a startup: having a great product or having

Eva Maganja
8 replies
Hey there! Quick poll question for you: when it comes to startups, there are two key elements: having the best product or building a strong branding and social media presence. Both are important, but which one should you prioritize? If you had to choose only one, would you focus on creating the most perfect product or building a strong branding and social media presence?

Replies

Marko Anastasov
Curious what led you to ask the question this way? I think you should not give up on either! Having an average product but best marketing will beat the best product with subpar marketing any day.
Eva Maganja
@markoa Just curious :) This question has come up a lot in my circles lately, most of the from founders who have a company that is very product focused. And I agree with your answer!
amuse candles
Branding for me. It's important that you stand out in the crowded market.
Nikhil Mehra
I feel branding also, but for D2C market, then the product speaks for itself and then not much is needed to invest on marketing or paid advertising
Hossein Yazdi
I have read that you mentioned if you had to choose only one, but really both are equally important. Perhaps an appropriate solution would be working 100% on your product if your idea is not unique and 65-70% if it's unique, work 60% on your branding and keep the rest for later and start building your social presence soon, as it takes time and consistency to build a great amount of audience by them.
Kirill Sokol
A good team can remove all these barriers. Look for the right people in your team!
Eva Maganja
@malkielfalcone I Agree Another question: What if you are a solo entrepreneur with a limited budget?